- Windows 7 Home Premium (includes 32-bit & 64-bit versions) makes it easy to create a home network.
- And share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music--you can even watch, pause, rewind, and record TV
- Start programs faster and more easily, and quickly find the documents you use most often
- Make your web experience faster, easier and safer than ever with Internet Explorer 8
- Easily create a home network and connect your PCs to a printer with HomeGroup
- Make the things you do every day easier with improved desktop navigation
Windows 7 is designed to make your PC simpler--to be more reliable, more responsive and to make the things you do every day on your PC easier. Click to enlarge.
Upgrade to Windows 7All editions of Windows XP and Windows Vista qualify you to buy an upgrade license.
1. Choose your edition of Windows 7
Explore key features and choose the edition that's best for you. Be sure to check the expanded list of extended features in Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, and Windows 7 Ultimate. System requirements vary for each edition of Windows 7 because some features might require special hardware.
2. See if your PC has what it takes to run Windows 7
In general, if your PC can run Windows Vista it can run Windows 7. T o make sure, download and run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to do a quick check. If you want certain features, such as HomeGroup or Windows Media Center, check to see if your PC has the hardware that's needed.
3. Check which operating system your PC is currently running
How you make the move to Windows 7 depends on your current operating system.
- Windows Vista
The transition to Windows 7 should be pretty smooth, although you may need to update your system to the latest service pack first.
- Windows XP (or any other operating system)
Windows 7 is best experienced on a new PC with the latest hardware, but if your computer meets the minimum specifications, you can install Windows 7 on a PC running Windows XP. Windows 7 must be "custom" installed (also known as a "clean" installation) over Windows XP. Before beginning the installation, you'll need to copy your files and s ettings to an external drive. After Windows 7 has been installed you will need to re-install all of your programs using the original installation media and then copy over the files and settings you backed up to your external drive. Because Windows 7 requires a custom installation, we strongly recommend that you get help with this process from your local computer service provider.
More work, more play, and more of everything in between. Click to enlarge.
< small>Manage lots of open programs, documents, and browser windows easily with thumbnail and full-screen previews of open windows. Click to enlarge.
With Snap you can arrange two windows side-by-side just by dragging them to opposite sides of your screen. Click to enlarge.
Open files you use regularly in just two clicks with Jump Lists on the improved taskbar and Start menu.
The best entertainment experience on your PCEasiest Windows to use ever
- Simplify your PC with new navigation features like Aero Shake, Jump Lists, and Snap.
- Customize Windows to look and feel the way you like by changing themes and taskbar programs.
- Setting up a home network and connecting to printers and devices is easier than ever.
- Windows 7 Home Premium supports the latest hardware and software.
- Designed to make your PC sleep and resume quicker.
- Takes full advantage of 64-bit PC hardware and memory.
- Connecting to wireless networks is fast and easy.
- Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV with Windows Media Center.
- Blu-ray read/write support for data files.
- Includes integrated video and Dolby audio codecs.
Simplifies Everyday Tasks
Simple to usePreview
Manage lot s of open programs, documents, and browser windows easily with thumbnail previews and full-screen previews of open windows.
Open files and get around your PC faster with the improved taskbar. You can easily pin programs you use often to the taskbar and launch them in just one click.
Windows 7 lets you peek behind open windows to get a quick look at your desktop. Click to enlarge.
Instantly locate and open virtually any file on your PC right from the Start menu with Windows Search. Click to enlarge.
Turn your PC into a TV with Windows Media Center, and enjoy your favorite videos and music with Windows Media Player. Click to enlarge.
Open files you use regularly in just two clicks with Jump Lists on the improved taskbar previews and Start menu.
Windows 7 has simple new ways to manage open windows. For example, with Snap you can arrange two windows side-by-side just by dragging them to opposite sides of your screen.
Peek and Shake
Windows 7 lets you peek behind open windows to get a quick look at your desktop.
Instantly locate and open virtua lly any file on your PC, from documents to emails to songs, right from the Start menu, with Windows Search.
Easy to connect
Setting up wireless connections is easier with consistent, one-click connections to available networks. Click to enlarge.
Enjoy the photos, music, and videos on your home PC when you're away from home with remote media streaming. Click to enlarge.
Windows Touch makes PCs with touch screens easier and more intuitive to use. Click to enlarge.
Manage Backup and Restore and other features through Action Center. Click to enlarge.
Search, organize, and edit files across a network in the same way you would a single folder.Click to enlarge.
With Windows 7, setting up wireless connections is easier with consistent, one-click c onnections to available networks, whether those networks are based on Wi-Fi, mobile broadband, dial-up, or corporate VPN.
Connect Windows 7 PCs on a home network in just four clicks and easily get to the photos, music, and files on each one--even share printers--with HomeGroup.
Easy to browse the webInternet Explorer 8
Visual search helps you quickly find the information you want by adding visual cues and previews to search results from top search providers including Live Search, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Amazon, and others.
Internet Explorer 8
Use Web slices to conveniently keep up with changes on frequently updated websites, like eBay auctions or traffic sites, directly from the IE8 toolbar.
Easy to communicate and shareWindows Live Photo Gallery
Windows Live Photo Gallery makes share your photos to your favorite photo site easy.
Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail makes managing multiple email accounts easy.
Windows Live Family Safety
Keep your child safe by managing what sites they can visit and who they can send/receive emails and im communications from.
Note: Windows Live components need to be downloaded separately.
Works The Way You Want
Faster and More ReliableWindows 7 will help your PC sleep and resume more quickly. It is designed to respond to commands more quickly and will help your PC to be more reliable.
Fewer clicks and less interruptions
Makes New Things Possible
Media on your termsWindows Media Center
Turn your PC into a TV with Windows Media Center.
Windows Media Center
Watch shows for free when and where you want with Internet TV.
DirectX 11 technology delivers breathtaking game graphics so real, it's unreal.
New ways to engageWindows Touch
Windows Touch makes PCs with touch screens easier and more intuitive to use.
Media on your termsWindows Media Player
More and more consumer electronics, from TVs to digital photo frames, can be connected to home networks. With Play To in Windows 7, you'll be able to easily send music, photos, videos from your PC to a networked device throughout your home.
You can enjoy the photos, music, and videos on your home PC when you're away from home with remote media streaming.
Work anywhereLocation Aware Printing
Windows 7 will automatically pick the right printer for you when you move from home to work networks.
Work anywhere with less effort.
- Instantly locate virtually any file, email, or document on your PC just by typing a word or two.
- Get around your PC faster with the improved taskbar.
- Open programs you use regularly in one click and files you use regularly in just two.
- Manage lots of open programs, documents, and browser windows easily with thumbnail and full-screen previews of open windows.
- Manage multiple email accounts, including Hotmail, Gmail, AOL, and Yahoo! Mail Plus, all in one place with one simple program.
- Get to the files, photos, and music on any PC with Windows 7 in the house from any other.
- Print to any printer in the house from any PC with Windows 7 in the house.
Safeguard your hard work.
- Windows Internet Explorer 8 helps keep your PC safer from malware and you safer from fraudulent websites designed to fool you into divulging private information.
Choose the Windows 7 Edition That Is Best For You
Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Ultimate
|Make the things you do every day easier with improved desktop navigation.|
|Start programs faster and more easily, and quickly find the documents you use most often.|
|Make your web experience faster, easier and safer than ever with Internet Explorer 8.|
|Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV on your PC.|
|Easily create a home network and connect your PCs to a printer with HomeGroup.|
|Run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode.||Â|
|Connect to company networks easily and more securely with Domain Join.||Â|
|In addition to full-system Backup and Restore found in all editions, you can back up to a home or business network.||Â|
|Help protect data on your PC and portable storage devices against loss or theft with BitLocker.||Â||Â|
|Work in the language of your choice and switch between any of 35 languages.||Â||Â|